Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Day 11 - Day 15 Sturgis, SD

I made the short run from Douglas, WY to Box Elder, SD, picked up my camping gear from Lee and Gabi and had set up camp at Wyatt's by early evening. John was there when I got there. Lyle and crew showed up that evening, Garth too. Paul will show up Friday. All together there are 11 people in the group.
There are so many really nice roads in the Black Hills. It's too bad that it's so hard to ride them during the Rally. There are too many people that shouldn't be riding, too many bikes on the roads, too much drinking & driving... I think things might be better the week after the Rally. The t-shirts would still be available, traffic would be lighter, prices would return to normal, but most of the vendors would be gone.
Over the next 5 days I put on a lot of miles in the hills. I got to drive hwy 16A from Custer S.P. to Keystone, one of my favorite rides. I got to see Devils Tower, Hill City, Rochford, Nemo Rd, Spearfish Canyon, Vanocker Canyon... I got to have the Rancher Plate at the American West Restaurant in Belle Fourche....mmmmmmm fried beef tips, twice baked potato, salad, bread....mmmmm well worth the 665 mile drive from Prescott.

No comments: