Saturday, April 23, 2011

8-6-08 Day 1 of the Sturgis Trip.

Wednesday, 08-06-08, All packed up and ready to go. On the road by 0645. Starting milage 15813.
675 miles later, I made it all the way to Wyatt's Hideaway Campground. Set my tent next to John. For some reason, everyone else had set up on the other side of the trail through the campground.
John got there on Monday ahead of me. Lyle, Larrie, Julie, Carl, and Garth got there on Thursday the 31st. Many months ago there was a plan in place, and agreed to by most of us, that we would attend the rally later in the week and stay after the crowds left. It wasn't many weeks before the rally this year, that I learned that most everyone had changed their plans, and would actually be at the rally, not on the usual Friday before the start, but even an extra day earlier. It was too late for me to change my vacation dates at work and was stuck showing up 6 days after most everyone got there.

No comments: