Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Day 3. Douglas WY to Lyman WY

I left Douglas today at 0830. I took 90 west to Casper, and WY-220 to Muddy Gap. Then 287 to Rawlins, I then hammered it across 80 to the Lyman KOA. I got here at 1430.
348 miles in 6 hours, with and hour for lunch in Rawlins at Cappy's. It's nice to have a bike that will go long distances between fill-ups. I still have to get off about every 100 miles to streach. The weather was a nice 80-85 degrees, with only light cross winds. 10 miles from Lyman is started to sprinkle. I was riding into the back side of a passing shower. The road was wet but the rain wasn't falling hard. So far tonight no more rain, but a dark sky. I unpacked and set up the cabin, then went into town for a little snack at Taco Time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eric
Would enjoy your blog much more if you would tell us of some of the interesting things you saw along the way. I'm sure there are features of the landscape and roadside history markers you could stop and investigate. Who knows some of us may find a place you have been to that we just have to see for ourselves. It's not always about the time you can make, and the miles you rack up. I know that you are trying to get to the rally in Park City UT, but isn't there more than that.
Maybe after the rally you will have more time to check things out on your way back to the Stugis rally.
John
31st sturgis rally