Thursday, July 26, 2007

Day 4. Park City UT!!

Well, I finally made it to Park City. I took I-80 into UT and 40 into Park City. I-80 from the boarder to 40 is awesome. It seemed like it was down hill all the way. I stopped at the visitor information center near the junction of 80 and 40. It over looks some R/R tacks way down a hill.
There was a big white cross on the top of a hill near the edge of the parking lot. I walked up the path to the top of the hill. On the cross is the name of a Utah State Trooper that was killed in '74. There's a small info plaque on the cross that tells the story.
Once in Park City, I found the Marriott and checked in. I also got my t-shirts and ID badge. They're expecting almost 200 FJR's here. I was watching some of them as they rolled in. They are all the same bike, but all of them are very diffrent.
Park City is an interesting town. I think the planing commision has a lot of control. All the buildings look similar, there are no bright colored signs. Even Pizza Hut's red roof is a muted shade of terra cotta.

No comments: