Monday, July 16, 2007

Getting ready

I spent some time on Sunday learning about my new computer. I also did some more work on the bike. I installed a set of Morocycle Larry bar risers to move the bars up and back a bit. I also installed a Comagination brand headlight modulator. Both items went on without any problems. I put new tires on last week. I still need to change the engine and final drive oils on the FJR sometime this week.
I have started to lay out the items I plan to take with, it seems like the pile keeps growing. I'll be staying at motels and tent camping on this trip. This year, I won't have the luxury of riding the Goldwing and pulling a trailer behind me. Last year, I had WAY TOO much crap with me. When Nancy came out to pick me up after my accident, my CRAP almost filled the back of her car. I'm a bit of a cronic over packer. I've got to pack lighter this trip. It's been said about motorcycle touring, "put all the stuff you want to bring in one pile, and all the money you plan to spend in another." "Then get rid of half the stuff you want to bring, and bring twice as much money." I think that's good advice.

No comments: