Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Cyclehill Tire Changer 8-23-09

After I got back from SFO, I looked at the tires on my FJR and decided they should be replaced. I thought that if some shop could train a high school aged kid to change my tires, then I should be able to do it too. I found a tire changer that I thought would suit my needs. I talked to John and we decided to go halfs on it. I ordered a complete set up and it arrived 3 days later.

The way I figure it, if I change 3 sets of tires on my bikes then I've paid for my half of the changer. The last time I took off the wheels and brought them in to have tires mounted on them, it was close to $90.00 for the pair. Plus, I can save even more money by buying tires off the internet, rather than a shop. I can save an additional $20.00 to $50.00 on EACH tire! I bought a set of Dunlop Roadsmarts for the FJR from swmototires.com, they them shipped for free, total price $270.90 and delivered in 3 days too!

No comments: