Sunday, July 29, 2007

Day 7. Park City, UT to Eureka, NV

After 3 days of fantastic riding in UT, meeting lots of great people, and spending way too much money, I left Park City to head west. I drove through Salt Lake City on I-80 and saw the salt flats, it looked like ice on a lake. The salt area runs along side the hwy for miles.
I turned south on 93A in NV and drove to Ely, then took hwy 50 to Eureka. Hwy 50 is called "the loneliest road in America", but for a road that is supposed to be in the middle of nowhere, there sure was a lot of traffic. I was hoping to find a section of road where I could see for miles, and park the bike across the traffic lanes and get some pictures.
Here are 2 pictures from Eureka Nevada.
The Eureka County Court House...
The Eureka Opera House..


I stopped for the night at the Sundowner Lodge.

No comments: